Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dessert Salad

There's probably a more descriptive name for this salad, but doesn't "dessert salad" sound tempting?

  • Strawberries
  • Bag of baby spinach
  • Candied nuts (I prefer pecans, but walnuts work just as well)
  • Raspberry dressing (find your favorite at your local grocery store)
Soak the strawberries in salt water (I know, it sounds weird, but it's my mother-in-laws secret and it really does make the strawberries taste sweeter!)
Rinse the strawberries
Cut the strawberries into quarters (or smaller - you choose)
Put the strawberries, baby spinach and candied nuts into a bowl
Toss

I like to put the dressing on the salad in the serving bowl.... If you do this, the left over salad will be saturated with the dressing when you eat it the next day (or later in the week). Personally, I think that's delicious. If you ask Ethan, he thinks it tastes soggy and won't touch it. (Which is yet another reason I saturate it. If he won't eat it, I'm guaranteed the left overs. Yum!)

If you are more like Ethan - than just leave the salad as is and put the dressing on the table for people to put on themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment