Sunday, June 21, 2009

Squash Casserole

This is my mom's recipe - so bear with me. Her recipes rarely include amounts - so over the years I have tried to write down how much of everything to use in this delicious casserole, but often I just can't be more exact than a pinch of this...

  • 5-6 yellow and green squash
  • one block of cream cheese (or Neuftachel cheese if you'd like)
  • 1 small can of green chiles (you choose the spiciness)
  • Parmesan cheese
  • french fried onions
Cut and steam the squash.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
One the squash is steamed add it to a casserole dish with the cream cheese. Mix everything until the cheese is melted.
Add the green chiles (the more you add the spicier it will be - I often start with half a can and move my way up)
Add some Parmesan cheese. I like my casseroles very cheesy - so I do 2 - 3 big shakes.
Bake the casserole for 10 minutes.
Top with the French Fried Onions (these are delicious - so be generous with your topping).
Return the casserole to the oven for another 5 - 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment