Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chumus

I told you, go buy Sabra brand chumus -- but here is a funny story about chumus.

I went to the Boulder Creek Festival (a very big festival here) and saw that they were giving out free samples of Sabra chumus. I went up to get one (they were personal size) and told the gentleman that I really liked this brand of chumus. He smiled at me and on the spot gave me 20 more of these free samples.

"Score!" I thought - and then the friend I was with made me give some to him. (Side note: Jason then kept this chumus for waaaaay too long and brought them back to my house when he and his family came to dinner the other night).

The next day I went back to the festival (I'm a bit of a festival junkie!) with another friend and told her that if we told the people giving out the chumus that we really liked Sabra brand, they'd give us a few extras. So - of course - we went up to a woman and she gave us a sample and I said, "You know, I really like Sabra brand chumus." This woman, however didn't give us 20 more free samples.

No, instead of 20 free samples, she said "If you want, go to the truck where we have all the free samples, tell John (I don't know if that is actually his name - so if Sabra is reading this and upset about it - don't go yelling at all the Johns who work for you) that you like the chumus and would like a case. He'll give it to you.

I wasn't sure I believed this - and I had no idea how big a case was - but I figured I would try it. So, before we left, Ellen and I went to the truck and before we could say anything, John said "You want a case" and we said, "Yes."

We left the fair with 120 personal size containers of chumus to split between the two of us. YUM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment